North of Israel – Akko and Haifa – 2 Days
From Tel Aviv
- Ride the train along the Mediterranean Coast
- Visit the heritage of the crusaders: The Hospitaller Citadel!
- Listen to the stories inside the Turkish Bath – Hamam.
- Walk through the 150m long Templars’ Tunnel.
- Visit the Bahá’í Gardens and Stella Maris Monastery!
- Stroll through the picturesque German Colony.
- Try local dishes in both cities: On the Old Akko and the Wadi Nisnas Market .
- You start the tour from one of the train stations in Tel Aviv. We recommend you to be at the station around 8:00 A.M or latest at 9:00 A.M to catch the train to Akko. For exact departure times, download the Moovit App to your mobile phone!
- Visiting Akko is a journey to a glorious past. First, collect all your tickets at the visitor center and embark on a journey into the past! For lunch, visit the Old City Market and try a variety of local foods. The food is not kosher, but definitely filling!
- In the evening, continue by train to Haifa, where you can check into your hotel and end the evening in peace.
- Start the next day by going up to the Bahá’í Gardens. You decide if you want to visit on your own, or take part in a guided tour. Make sure to reserve a guided tour on their website, if you want. After visiting the Gardens, walk down the path towards the German Colony, Haifas cultural and tourism center. When you get hungry, pick up your Tasting Card near Wadi Nisnas and try an array of local specialties at the Market. Take the bus to the top of Mt. Carmel where you visit Stella Maris Monastery, enjoy a beautiful view of Haifa from above and take the cable car down. Enjoy the sunset at the beach, before heading back home.
Roundtrip ticket Tel Aviv – Akko – Haifa – Tel Aviv
Valid until the last train of the booked day.
Valid in Akko and Haifa.
This IsraelRail card is valid for the local Akko and Haifa buses, train and Carmelit subway.
Tickets for the the cablecar are also included.
Combined Ticket Old City Akko
Combined ticket, including the Hospitaller Citadel (Knights’ Halls), the Turkish Bath, the Templars’ Tunnel, the Okashi Museum, & the Treasures in the Walls Museum. Some of the museums provide a free audio guide.
Akko Tasting Card
Taste unique dishes in the Old Akko Market and on Wadi Nisnas in Haifa.
1 x Haifa
Check out the website of the Bahai Gardens for further information: Click Here
Akko: Visit the El-Jazzar Mosque, one of the very few mosques accessible for tourists!
Haifa: Take a ride with the cable car and enjoy the beautiful view of Haifa from above. Note that the ride is not included in our tour price and has to be paid on site.
Tel Aviv train stations
Tel Aviv train stations
Enter the train at any station in Tel Aviv. From there, take the train to Akko (1:40h).
Exit the station and walk left to the nearby bus stop #13. Take Bus number 13 to the Old City of Akko (15min). At the visitor center you can exchange your voucher for a 5-Museums-Ticket.
We suggest the following order 1. Hospitaller Citadel (Knights’ Halls) 2. Okashi Museum 3. Turkish Bath 4. Templar Tunnels 5. Treasures in the Walls Museum (if time allows)
Try some local specialties with our Akko old city market tasting card! The food will surely be filling!
If you have seen enough, walk back or take the bus #13 back to the train station. Take the train to Haifa (30min).
Check into your hotel in Haifa. Visit Haifa in the evening: Walk through the German Colony, visit one of the countless churches or immerse yourself in the nightlife.
Enjoy an authentic, israeli breakfast. You can leave your luggage at your accommodation for the day.
From the Haifa Center walk 6 min to Carmelit Paris Square. Then take the subway to HaCarmel Center station – about a 12-minute ride. Exit the subway and walk downhill to the Bahá’í Gardens.
For the guided tour meet at: Hatzionut Avenue 103. For a self-guided visit start at: Yefe Nov Street 45.
Walk down towards the German Colony. Stroll through the picturesque area which is full of beautiful architecture and cute cafes.
Discover the local cuisine at the Wadi Nisnas Market with our Tasting Card!
Take the bus to the top of Mt. Carmel. Get off at the Edmond Fleg/Tchenikovsky Stop.
Visit the beautiful Stella Maris Monastary and enjoy the view of Haifa from the top of Mount Carmel.
Take the cable car down Mount Carmel and enjoy the view of the Haifa bay area. The ride is about 5 minutes and costs 25 NIS.
Whenever you feel like it, take the train back to Tel Aviv.
- You can either walk up to the Gardens or take the bus. Keep in mind that if you walk, it is a 30 minute walk that takes you through a lot of stairs and can be especially challenging during the summer time!
- The Tour of the Bahai Gardens is organized by the Bahai community and free. Check their website for further information on guided tours and self guided visits.
- Since the garden is a Holy Place, wear modest clothing that covers your shoulders and knees!
- After visiting the Stella Maris Monastery on Mt. Carmel, we recommend you take the cable car. One ride down costs 25 NIS. However, you can also get a combi-ticket for 35 NIS, which will take you up and down the mountain. You can pay in cash or with credit card.
- Haifa is very hilly and has a lot of stairs. Wear comfortable shoes and bring a lot of water and sunscreen with you! Due to the landscape we do not recommend the tour for people with walking difficulties or health problems.
- Make sure you download the Moovit App for departure times!
Train Station Security Checks
- Entry to all train stations is subject to a personal baggage check.
- Every station entrance is manned by security guards who operate in accordance with Israel Police guidelines and are committed to upholding your dignity and safety during the security check.
- Please be aware that lines may develop at the security check stations during peak hours in the morning and afternoon/evening (6:00-9:00 and 15:00-19:00), so it is important that you arrive sometime prior to your train’s departure.
In cooperation with: