Israel Highlights by Train – 8 Days
From Tel Aviv
- Get the most out of the 3 different and unique cities!
- Discover the North of Israel, including the cities of Haifa and Akko.
- Guided Tour of the Old City of Jerusalem.
- Masada and the Dead Sea and overnight at the Judean Desert.
- Relax at the beach of Tel Aviv, explore the vibe, street food, and nightlife.
- Travel like a local, sustainable, and with no traffic.
Route: Ben Gurion Airport -> Haifa/Akko -> Jerusalem -> Ein Gedi/Dead Sea -> Tel Aviv -> Ben Gurion Airport
- The tour includes Israel’s most important sights. By providing you with accommodation, train tickets and some organized activities our package minimizes your preparatory effort. However, it also leaves you with plenty of time to discover the country on your own.
- You decide how packed your schedule is: Add optional organized tours to your package, relax or venture out on your own.
- There is a number of must-do included activities on the tour. Check out the itinerary below to see the activities in each city.
All public transportation as described in the itinerary
7 overnights including breakfast
1 x Haifa / 2 x Jerusalem / 1 x Ein Gedi / 3 x Tel Aviv
Category A – Guesthouse Hostels
Category B – Budget Hotels
Category C – Boutique Hotels
1 x Guided Group Tour: Jerusalem
1 x Masada & Dead Sea – Tour
1 x Akko Museum Combi Ticket for 5 Museums
First-night personal meet up and online chat while touring
Choose between 3 Hotel categories: Hostel, Budget Hotel or Boutique Hotel.
Buy an Internet Data package for your smartphone for the period staying!
Sunday evening at 20:00 we invite you to meet with our IsraelRail Travel Assistance at a local bar in Haifa together with other IsraelRail travelers.
Ben Gurion Internation Airport or feel free to extent and continue to explore Israel.
20:00 Meet up with all fellow travelers and our IsraelRail Travel Assistant / @local Haifa bar!
Transfer on your own by train from Ben Gurion airport to Haifa (1:10 hour)
Depending on flight arrival time: Join the official Bahai guided tour in English (1-hour) and learn about the Bahai World Center and its spectacular gardens!
Train & public transportation from Haifa to Akko (45min)
Pick up your 5-Museums-Combi-Ticket at the visitor center. It will allow you to access:
- Hospitaller Citadel (Knights’ Halls)
- Turkish Bath
- Templar Tunnels
- Okashi Museum
- Treasures in the Walls Museum
Visit these five unique museums at your own pace!
Discover Haifa and Akko on your own. It’s a great idea to visit the market in Akko’s old town to have lunch.
Train & public transportation from Haifa to Jerusalem (1:55 hour)
11:00 – 15:00 Jerusalem Old City- guided Group Tour
Visit the Holy Sepulcher, the Wailing wall, the Muslim Quarter and many other intriguing sights.
Time to explore Jerusalem on your own! Stroll around the old town or explore the famous Machane Yehuda Market.
Visit the Yad Vashem Holocaust Museum, the Israel Museum, or take our optional morning tour to Bethlehem.
Organized bus transfer to Ein Gedi
Count the incredible number of Stars visible in the Judean Desert.
Experience the beauty of Masada National Park and the ancient fortress in the early morning hours.
Float on the salty waters of the Dead Sea.
Drive through the Judean Desert to the capital of the south, Be’er Sheva.
Take the train to Tel Aviv (1:05h).
Dive into Tel Aviv’s legendary nightlife!
Stroll the Carmel (streetfood), Nahalat Benjamin (handicraft) and Levinsky Market (spices) on your own.
From modern architecture to extraordinary museums or the romantic old towns of Jaffa and Neve Tzedek, Tel Aviv is full of amazing cultural sites.
Enjoy the day on one of the 13 beaches in Tel Aviv or in the serene Hayarkon Park.
Train transfer from Tel Aviv to Ben Gurion Airport (15min ride)
Say “Lehitraot” to Israel!
Akko Old City Market Tasting Card
Machane Yehuda Tasting Card
Bethlehem – Bus 1/2 day tour – English Guided
Israel Museum Tickets
TLV Pub Crawl
TLV Historical Graffiti tour based on Augmented Reality