Jerusalem Cultural and Culinary – 2 Days
From Tel Aviv
- Discover Jerusalem on this 2-day Tour!
- Explore the Old City on a 4 hour guided group tour.
- Discover the city on your own with our JerusalemRail Digital Guide.
- Spent the night at the local Hostel The Post.
- Enjoy an authentic Israeli Breakfast at your accommodation.
- Optional: Visit Jerusalems museums: Yad Vashem or the Israel Museum.
- Try local snacks at the Machane Yehuda Market with our Tasting Card.
- Unlimited rides by train and bus in Jerusalem on both days.
- Train tickets to travel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem and back.
- On the first day of this tour, arrive in Jerusalem by train and drop off your luggage at the The Post. From there it is only an 8 minute walk to the Jaffa Gate of the Old City.
- Meet your guide at the Jaffa Gate at 9:30 A.M. A 4 hour guided group tour of the old city will provide you with an overview of the most important sights.
- Afterwards you can enjoy the Holy City on your own with our digital guide. We recommend going to the Temple Mount in the Old City and if you feel like it, going on top off Mt. Olives for a picturesque view during sunset hours. If you still want more, our digital guide includes a Jerusalem by Night Tour.
- On the second day you can enjoy an Israeli breakfast. Then, venture out and discover the city with our digital guide. We provide you with tipps & tricks, local cafes & restaurants. We recommend going to Yad Vashem or the Israel Museum and stroll around the Mahane Yehuda Market for lunch. There you can try an array of local snacks with our Tasting Card.
- You arrive by train and travel around Jerusalem with the light rail or bus. Unlimited rides included!
Round-trip ticket Tel Aviv – Jerusalem on both days. Valid for all trains on the itinerary days.
The IsraelRail RavKav Card is valid on all busses and trams in the center of Jerusalem.
Try local specialties with our tasting card on the Machane Yehuda Market.
Guided Tour of the Old City
4 hour Guided Tour to the most important sights of the Old City.
JerusalemRail Digital Guide
Our app includes route service, audio guides, self-guided tours and inside tips.
1 x Stay the night at The Post.
Enjoy an authentic Israeli Breakfast.
Enter the train at any train station in Tel Aviv and drive to Jerusalem. The ride is around 35 minutes.
Get on the train at the Central Bus Station, heading towards “Air Force”. Get off at the stop City Hall. Walk towards the Central Post Office at 23 Jaffa Street. Walk over to the left of the building, go down the stairs and enter Koresh Street 3.
Leave your luggage at the accommodation for the day. The Hostel is only an 8 minute walk away from the Jaffa Gate.
Meet at the Jaffa Gate by 9:20 A.M. 9:30 – 13:30 Jerusalem Old City Guided Group Tour. Visit the Holy Sepulcher, the Wailing wall, the Muslim Quarter and many other intriguing sights.
Use our digital guide and the self guided tours there to discover Jerusalem on your own. We recommend taking a coffee break, before strolling through the Old City and climbing Mt. Olives, if you still have enough energy.
Stay the night at The Post.
Enjoy an authentic Israeli breakfast at the Hostel.
Visit Yad Vashem or the Israel Museum. Note that the Israel Museum is closed on Monday and Friday. Yad Vashem is closed on Saturday.
Try some local specialties for lunch at the Machane Yehuda Market with our Tasting Card.
Don’t forget to pick up your luggage and take the train back to Tel Aviv.
- The visit to Yad Vashem is free. You need to reserve the time of your visit through their website. The museum is closed on Saturdays.
- The price for the Israel Museum is not included. You can find the listings on their website. You also need to book your ticket through it. Note that it is closed on Mondays and opens only from 4 p.m. on Tuesdays.
VISITING HOLY SITES
- Modest clothing is required for visiting holy sites and the Temple Mount. Shoulders and knees must be covered for sacred sites. If you want to go up the Temple Mount, elbows and ankles are required to be covered. The following items are prohibited on the Temple Mount: Religious or political items of any kind, weapons, alcohol, iPads/tablets/eReaders, laptops, selfie sticks and tripods.
TRAIN STATION SECURITY CHECKS
- Entry to all train stations is subject to a personal baggage check.
- Every station entrance is manned by security guards who operate by Israel Police guidelines and are committed to upholding your dignity and safety during the security check.
- Please be aware that lines may develop at the security check stations during peak hours in the morning and afternoon/evening (6:00 am-9:00 am and 15:00-19:00), so you must arrive sometime before your train’s departure.
In cooperation with IsraelRail & Abrahamtours