Jerusalem Mahane Yehuda Tasting Experience
- Ride the express train along Highway 1 and pass the morning traffic jam
- Let the Jerusalem Mahane Yehuda “BiteMojo” App be your guide
- Discover culinary Jerusalem at your own pace
- Enjoy bites and stories of the market that you wouldn’t find otherwise
- Free entrance to the “FOZ” Museum
Using the BiteMojo App, start the Jerusalem Mahane Yehuda Food Experience tour and explore all the places and people who are responsible for the creative revolution in the city.
On this Jerusalem Food Experience tour you can explore the electrifying tangle one bite at a time, and along the way experience the people and places that make up this extraordinary city. This Jerusalem food tour opens up the intimate inner worlds of particular neighborhoods, enabling you to explore firsthand, and at your own pace, the highlights of tastes and sites that they have to offer.
Passing by the Bezalel Art Institute through street graffiti, entrepreneurs, exciting culinary cuisines we will connect to the new spirit that has been blowing through this unique neighborhood.
Feel free to visit the Friends of Zion Museum before or after touring with the App.
Roundtrip ticket Tel Aviv to Jerusalem
Valid until the last train of the booked day
The IsraelRail Rav Kav Card is valid for local buses, trains and the Light Rail in Jerusalem
Bitemojo Jerusalem Food Experience
Your Smartphone is all you need! Download the app, choose your bites and you are set to go!
Free Museum Ticket
Free entrance to the Friends of Zion Museum
Meet a local IsraelRail representative at the Tel-Aviv Hahagana train station in order to receive your travel itinerary packet
We suggest visiting the “FOZ” Museum in the morning and head over to the market around lunch time
Take the train from the Hahagana train station to Jerusalem Itzhak Navon station, continue on the Light Rail to the Museum and Mahane Yehuda Market.
The tour ends in the Mahane Yehuda Market. To head back to Tel Aviv, jump on the Light Rail to the Itzhak Navon station. From there you will take the train back to Tel Aviv. The last train leaves from Jerusalem Itzhak Navon Station at 21:30.
Meet a local representative of IsraelRail and collect your travel itinerary packet which includes your itinerary, the IsraelRail card and a map
Arrive at the Jerusalem Itzhak Navon station after a short 34 minute ride. Exit the station and take the Light Rail towards Heil Ha’avir station
Take the Light Rail to the Mahane Yehuda Market, just 2 stops from the Itzhak Navon station
Tour thorugh the market and surrounding neighborhoods using the interactive Bitemojo App on your smartphone. The app will take you to various points in the market where you can redeem your “bites”. This is an easy and fun way to tour the market!
Visit the Friends of Zion Museum in Jerusalem nearby the Jaffa Center Station
After visiting the museum feel free to discover more of the Old City or other parts of Jerusalem on your own
The last train leaves from Jerusalem Itzhak Navon Station at 21:30. We recommend leaving arriving 20 minutes early, not to miss the last train!
Arriving back in Tel-Aviv you can exit any station.
- The tour is Kosher
- This tour is not available on Friday, Saturday or national holidays.
- There are no guaranteed substitutions for those with allergies, though some bite stops will accommodate.
- Note that you may be asked to wait to receive your bite, depending on rush-hours, and seating may not be available.
- You may interrupt the tour and continue it on a different day.
- You may convert unused bites to bite-credit via the app.
- The tour is valid for 6 months from the date of purchase.
- Although the tour will be downloaded into your device after purchase, minimal cellular data is required when claiming the bites. Please make sure you have access to cellular data.
- 2.5-kilometer self-guided walking tour
- Sunday to Thursday: 10:00-18:00
Any cancellation prior to 48 hours of travel date will incur a fee of $10 USD for the refund procedure.
Upon notice 48 hours advance of departure – the trip is non-refundable!
Train Station Security Checks
Entry to all train stations is subject to a personal baggage check.
Every station entrance is manned by security guards who operate in accordance with Israel Police guidelines and are committed to upholding your dignity and safety during the security check.
Please be aware that lines may develop at the security check stations during peak hours in the morning and afternoon/evening (6:00am-9:00am and 15:00-19:00), so it is important that you arrive sometime prior to your train’s departure.
Heading to Jerusalem for the day before your flight from Ben Gurion International Airport? Take the train from Tel Aviv and leave your luggage in the lockers at the Itzhak Navon station in Jerusalem.
In cooperation with:
Israel Railways and BiteMojo