Jerusalem Market plus FREE Museum Entrance
- Ride the Israel Railways train along Highway 1 and pass the morning traffic
- Visit the unique “FOZ” Museum
- Stroll along the famous Mahane Yehuda Market
- Listen and learn the history of the market with the audio guide
- Taste a variety of local culinary dishes
Arrive in Jerusalem by train and visit the Friends of Zion Museum in the city center before heading to the Market.
The Mahane Yehuda market Bite card enables you to be a Jerusalem native for the day and get a taste from the best stands in the market. Moreover, the tour is accompanied by a fascinating audio guide, with all the stories and legends behind the market. The Bite card is suitable for Kosher observers. The Bite Card is comprised of 6 slips curated in order to give you a chance to try a variety of products, flavors, and aromas of the market – without having to depend on an organized group or tour.
Whether you are a couple, a small group, or exploring on your own, you no longer need to feel confined to organized tasting tours of the shuk. Here at Mahane, we’ve worked with top tour guides and the most beloved and colorful shuk vendors to create Shuk Bites – a single map and punchcard that allows you to enjoy the abundance of the market whenever it is best for you. Walk around the market at your own pace and enjoy the best of the best of Mahane Yehuda’s foods and beverages.
Roundtrip ticket Tel Aviv – Jerusalem
Valid until the last train of the booked day
The IsraelRail Rav Kav Card is valid for local busses, trains and the Light Rail in Jerusalem
Free Museum Ticket
Free entrance to the Friends of Zion Museum
Included in the Mahane Yehuda Bite Card
- A Taste of Georgian or Jerusalem traditional Baked Goods Imaruly – savory pastry stuffed with cheese or spinach or half a serving of Sabih or Sambusak hummus
- A Taste of Kubbeh Soup or Stuffed Vegetables Moroccan cigar, kubbeh and stuffed grape leaf or red Kubbeh soup
*Tasting is available until 16:00.
- Meat Patty or Mashroom a la Plancha or A Taste of Hummus – Freshly made Angus meat patty or portobello mushroom a la plancha or A Hummus plate with pita bread
- A cup of fresh health juice
- A taste of Israeli Boutique Beer with popcorn or A choice of three dim sum
- A Taste of Fresh Coffee or Artisan Ice cream – Cappuccino/espresso/mint tea or A scoop of ice cream
Meet a local IsraelRail representative at the Tel-Aviv Hahagana train station in order to receive your travel itinerary packet
*New! now you can find out a few of the market secrets from our audio guide (requires a smartphone with data service, and headphones)
Take the train from the Hahagana train station to Jerusalem Itzhak Navon station, continue on the Light Rail to the Museum and Mahane Yehuda Market.
The tour ends in the Mahane Yehuda Market. To head back to Tel Aviv, jump on the Light Rail to the Itzhak Navon station. From there you will take the train back to Tel Aviv. The last train leaves from Jerusalem Itzhak Navon Station at 21:30.
Meet a local representative of IsraelRail and collect your travel itinerary packet which includes your itinerary, the IsraelRail card and a map
Arrive at the Jerusalem Itzhak Navon station after a short 34 minute ride. Exit the station and take the Light Rail towards Heil Ha’avir station
Take the Light Rail to the Mahane Yehuda Market, just 2 stops from the Itzhak Navon station
Enjoy lunch at the Mahane Yehuda Market using the tasting card. Included are 6 tastings both food and drink that represent Israeli local cuisine.
Visit the Friends of Zion Museum in Jerusalem nearby the Jaffa Center Station
After visiting the museum feel free to discover more of the Old City or other parts of Jerusalem on your own
The last train leaves from Jerusalem Itzhak Navon Station at 21:30. We recommend leaving arriving 20 minutes early, not to miss the last train!
Arriving back in Tel-Aviv you can exit any station.
Important Details about the Mahane Yehuda Card:
1. Operating hours: Sun-Thurs 09:00-18:00
2. The vendors on the card all have Jerusalem Rabbanut kosher certificates except for the Georgian Baked goods (Dairy kitchen with no Certificate) and Hummus tasting that has a private Hashgaha Certificate.
3. The tasting details and the locations of some of the shops are subject to change, according to the current situation at the market, and the daily inventory.
4. Some of the tastings may contain gluten, nuts, sesame, different spices, and other food products that should not be eaten by those who are allergic to these products. If you have a doubt that there is a certain food that you are allergic to in one of the tastings, we recommend that you do not purchase the ticket.
5. Please note: Each Shuk Bites ticket is to be used by one person only.
6. The Shuk Bites card is valid for a period of 6 months from the day of purchase.
Any cancellation prior to 48 hours of travel date will incur a fee of $10 USD for the refund procedure.
Upon notice 48 hours advance of departure – the trip is non-refundable!
Train Station Security Checks
Entry to all train stations is subject to a personal baggage check.
Every station entrance is manned by security guards who operate in accordance with Israel Police guidelines and are committed to upholding your dignity and safety during the security check.
Please be aware that lines may develop at the security check stations during peak hours in the morning and afternoon/evening (6:00am-9:00am and 15:00-19:00), so it is important that you arrive sometime prior to your train’s departure.
Heading to Jerusalem for the day before your flight from Ben Gurion International Airport? Take the train from Tel Aviv and leave your luggage in the lockers at the Itzhak Navon station in Jerusalem.
In cooperation with:
Israel Railways and Yalla Basta