Jerusalem Old City Tour plus Mahane Yehuda Market
from Tel Aviv
- Explore the Old City of Jerusalem on this 4-hour Guided Group Tour.
- Visit all four quarters of the Old City – Armenian, Jewish, Christian & Muslim.
- Visit the Temple Mount, Dome of the Rock and Al-Aqsa Mosque.
- Follow the stations of the Via Dolorosa on the way to the Church of the Holy Sepulcher.
- Try a sweet local snack with our Machane Yehuda Market Tasting Experience!
- Unlimited rides by train and bus in Jerusalem with our IsraelRail card.
- Feel free to discover the Holy City on your own with our Digital Guide!
- Arrive on your own in Jerusalem by train and take the tram or walk to the Jaffa Gate in the Old City of Jerusalem.
- Meet at 11:00 A.M. at the Jaffe Gate in Jerusalem. A 4-hour guided tour of the old city will provide you with a broad overview of the most important sights. You will visit the sites most holy to all three religions. The King David’s Tomb and the Western (Wailing) Wall, the Dome of the Rock, as well as the beautiful Al Aqsa Mosque. The Via Dolorosa and the room of the last supper, as well as the inside of the Church of the Holy Sepulchre! In between, your guide will give you some time and insider recommendations to get yourself some delicious lunch.
- After the guided tour, you have time to explore Jerusalem on your own. Our Digital Guide provides you with all the necessary information needed, to guide yourself through the city. It includes self-guided tours, audio-guides and local recommendations for restaurants and cafes!
- In the afternoon, venture to the Machane Yehuda Market. Have a sweet snack with our tasting experience and enjoy the atmosphere of the market!
- During the whole day, our IsraelRail card provides you with unlimited rides in Jerusalem as well as the train ticket between Tel Aviv – Jerusalem.
Guided Group Tour
4-hour Jerusalem Old City guided group tour with a local licensed English-Speaking Guide.
The IsraelRail Rav Kav Card is valid for local buses, trains and the Light Rail in Jerusalem.
Machane Yehuda Tasting Experience
Try a local snack at the famous Machane Yehuda market with our Tasting Experience!
JerusalemRail Digital Guide
Our app includes route service, audio guides, self-guided tours and inside tips.
Roundtrip ticket Tel Aviv – Jerusalem.
Valid until the last train of the booked day.
Things to bring: Passport, sunscreen, hat, comfortable shoes, camera.
Navigate around the city on your own, using our JerusalemRail Digital Guide!
11:00 A.M. at Jaffa Gate, Jerusalem
Old City, Jerusalem
Take the train from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. The ride is around 35 minutes.
Take the light rail in Jerusalem to the Old City. The ride will last about 5 minutes.
Meet your guide at the Jaffa Gate at 11:00 A.M.
Experience the Old City of Jerusalem on our 4-hour guided tour! The tour will end around 15:00 P.M. in the Old City.
Discover Jerusalem on your own, with our digital guide!
Explore the Mahane Yehuda Market and get a sweet local snack!
Whenever you feel like it, head back to Jerusalem Central Station and take the train back to Tel Aviv. The trains depart until late evening, it’s best to check the times in advance.
VISITING HOLY SITES
- Make sure to dress modest, if you want to enter holy sites. Cover your shoulders and knees. Additionally, women should bring a scarf/shawl.
- If you decide to visit the Tempel Mount make sure to cover elbows and ankles. A hat is also required! The following items are prohibited on Temple Mount: Religious, political items of any kind; weapons; alcohol; iPads/tablets/laptops; selfie sticks and tripods.
ARRIVAL BY TRAIN
- The train from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem runs every 30 minutes, Sunday to Thursday. The trains from Jerusalem train station to Tel Aviv depart until late evening, it’s best to check the times in advance. There are no available trains on Friday and Saturday.
- In case you’d like to visit a place that is not accessible by tram, your IsraelRail card is also valid on all buses in central Jerusalem.
TRAIN STATION SECURITY CHECKS
- Entry to all train stations is subject to a personal baggage check.
- Every station entrance is manned by security guards who operate by Israel Police guidelines and are committed to upholding your dignity and safety during the security check.
- Please be aware that lines may develop at the security check stations during peak hours in the morning and afternoon/evening (6:00 am-9:00 am and 15:00-19:00), so you must arrive some time before your train’s departure.
In cooperation with IsraelRail & Abraham Tours